Sunday, November 7, 2010

Phase 1 Post-mortem: The Walking Dead

If you haven't seen the new AMC Original Series based on the award-winning comic book written by Robert Kirkman, you should.  In fact, take $20 to your local comic book store and buy the first collection, then read it.  Then watch the show.  Or vise versa.  Do it.

Today officially ended Phase 1 of the P90X Extreme Home Fitness Program.  When I started, I weighed 281, down from my hefty 306 when I started heavy into martial arts.  I wore a size 46 jeans, and *could* wear XL, but honestly, 2X was more comfortable.

Today, I weigh 265 lbs, down 16 lbs, 41 pounds in total.  I wear a size 38 in jeans, and I fit comfortably into Large shirts now.  16 pounds was a little less than I anticipated losing in phase 1, but then I realized that I've packed on some well developed muscle as well, which may tend to skew my weight loss results.  So, I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I completely obliterated my fitness milestones; I wanted to be able to fit into my "Skinny Jeans" again, and I wanted to be able to wear some very nice large-size shirts that were given to me for Christmas last year, two goals that I had planned to reach by the end of Phase 2.  I'm happy to report that I have achieved both before the end of Phase 1.

That in mind, I'm having to set some new goals.  I turn 30 on November 24th.  As it stands, I plan on weighing less than I did in High School, and being in better shape by the time the big day rolls around, two things I never thought I'd say.  Ever.

Phase 2 is going to prove no less challenging.  I've had a nice recovery week, despite missing a few of the stretch workouts this week due to feeling like poop.  Tomorrow beings a somewhat similar yet different set of workouts; it still covers all the different sets of muscles, but it covers them in different pairs, and in different orders (the Muscle Confusion thing, I guess).  Its going to be tough, and I'm probably going to whine about it hurting, but I'm so close I can't stop now.  :)

Career-wise, things are still slow.  I've put in for some jobs, but I'm still gainfully unemployed at the moment.  In a couple weeks, I'll have to resort to working anywhere that will have me.  I'm hoping things turn up before then, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  :)

I'm particpating in the 30 Characters Challenge; basically, you create one new character for every day in the month of November.  I'm having a lot of fun with it, despite the fact that I'm behind a day or two.  Going to try catching up tonight, and broadcasting it live over the interwebs.

Finally, I end with a warning; watch out, ladies...I'm gettin' HAWT.

Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment