Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 10: Settling into a Busy Week

Disclaimer: I know that I said that I was going to try blogging in the mornings, doing a post mortem, but I felt the last entry was kind of uninspired. So, I'm going to endeavor to put down my thoughts at the conclusion of the day.

Today was a long day. A good day, but a long day nonetheless. Some plans went awry due to allergies (DAMN YOU, SCUBA STEVE!), but I managed to keep pretty busy nonetheless.

I really enjoy the hell out of today's P90X workout, Arms and Shoulders. Its a repeated set of Biceps, Triceps, and Shoulders, cycled through five rounds with varying exercises that work the same set of muscles. To up my results, I increased the weight that I was working with, but maintained 12-15 reps throughout the exercises. My goal is to lean out; some bulk will come with it, I'm sure, but working with a weight where I feel the burn on reps 6,7, and 8 will bring more size than toning. But yeah, it totally rocks; its probably my favorite workout of the program.

Still chipping away on the personal project for my friend. I think they are turning out well. Taking this time while working on this project to really make some internal decisions about how I want to tackle my career. Things like, what do I really want to draw, how do I want to do it, workflow, etc. I think I'm going to try and use this project to do some experimentation on my cartooning workflow.

Also, in addition to these artsy-fartsy things, I've been doing a lot of soul searching, reading a lot of philosophy stuff. A Twitter friend linked me to a really interesting article called "As a Man Thinketh," by James Allen. I'm not through with it, but its definitely a thought provoking read. I highly suggest giving it a good read.

Until next time, as a friend of mine says...

Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease.
Chadimus Maximus

No comments:

Post a Comment