Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 5: If you get a late start, then start strong.

Good afternoon!

I stayed up pretty late last night, due to the Charlie Foxtrot that yesterday turned out to be, to get some work done on a line of Halloween shirts I'm doing for a friend of mine. Got all the sketches approved, so I burned a little bit of the midnight oil in order to make some headway on the inking portion. Almost done, so I'm proud of the work that I was able to do last night, despite the shaky start of the day.

That being said, I slept in today until about 11 or so, trying to get the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep for the P90X program. Today was a late start, so I decided I'd start off strong.

I thought about doing todays Legs and Back workout first, then doing Ab Ripper X later in the day (MON/WED/FRI for Resistance Training and Ab Ripper) but decided that I'd go ahead an "Bring it," and burn through both of them, as intended.

And yeap, it hurt so good.

It took me about two hours to finish both routines, and then de-funk myself. Went downstairs, grabbed a late breakfast (Whole Grain Wheat Toast, a wee bit of sugar-free Grape Jelly, a bowl of Total Honey Almond Flax with a healthy amount of protien, and a 1/2 cup of milk) which was just the right size.

Then, its off to work! I went up to the studio and bid on a couple freelance projects that popped up on Guru that I thought I might be interested in. I'll let you guys know how those pan out, because I haven't had much luck when it comes to the freelancer websites. But, I figured I have some strong samples, and I'm working on more, so my luck might change.

Now, its off to finish cleaning out my Hulu queue, and finish up inking on the Halloween product line. I'll post some Work in Progress images once I get the ok from the Boss. ;)

Slow Starts, Fulfilling Journeys,
Chad

UPDATE: Exhausted, I finally finished all the inking for my latest project. Now, I have to color the lil' creatures, which is going to be a chore and half! I have my work cut out for me this weekend.

All work and no play make for a dull and cranky Chad, though. So, I'm going to a benefit concert with Geoff and Sarah where Caroline's Spine is playing. Its going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment